The Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital School of Nursing welcomes your interest in our RN diploma program. Nursing is an exciting and rewarding profession that is rapidly growing and changing. Our program is designed to give students a solid knowledge base and a great deal of exposure to the clinical area in order to prepare competent and high-quality graduate nurses who are ready to practice in today's challenging health-care environment.
Application packets will become available each late summer/early fall (an application fee (to be determined) and completed application packet must be submitted for consideration into the school) and you will be responsible for obtaining the packet from the School of Nursing at that time.
Applicants will be reviewed for admission after the following forms (if applicable) have been received:
- Completed School of Nursing Application
- High School transcript (past or current)
- G.E.D. scores and/or diploma (if applicable)
- College and/or secondary education transcripts (past and current) (if applicable)
- Report from TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) (if applicable)
- Course Transfer Forms (if applicable)
- References - Three references are required. Suggestions are a teacher, guidance counselor, spiritual counselor or employer. Relatives and peers are not acceptable. These are to be submitted in an unopened envelope with the writer's signature across the seal.
- Pre-admission exam form.
NOTE: Applicants are responsible for obtaining and submitting official high school, post-secondary education, and college transcripts to the School of Nursing. These must be in unopened envelopes with an official signature across the seal. Attendance at any other institution must be reported at the time of application. Failure to indicate at the time of application that the individual has taken courses at another institution will result in denial of credit transfer from that specific institution. Any other misrepresentation or material omission of fact in an application will result in the denial or revocation or admission.
If the above requirements are met, the student may be scheduled for an interview with faculty members to assess the applicant's motivation, personal qualities, academic potential, and aptitude for the nursing profession.
If accepted for admission, you will receive a written offer of acceptance. To reserve a space in the upcoming class, you must acknowledge acceptance in writing and state your intent to enter the program. Admission fees must be paid at that time. These fees are non-refundable. Please call the school, (717) 242-7930, for more information or click on the links below.
Open Application March 1, 2014 thru April 30, 2014
Please note the following two changes for G-LHSON and make sure you read all the material included in the application packet:
1. Title IV funding (Federal Student Aid and PHEAA State Grants) is not available at this time. Students should seek alternative means for payment.
2. Effective March 1, 2014, G-LHSON is a tobacco free facility.