Coordinated Care Throughout Your Stay
A case manager is a trained professional who helps to plan, organize, coordinate, monitor resources and services for a patient. Case managers do not provide actual, direct patient care, but work as part of your healthcare team.
As a patient at Geisinger–Lewistown Hospital, you can benefit from the services of a case manager. A case manager can work with your physician and your healthcare team in developing an individualized plan of care. Our case managers work with people to get the health care and other community services they need, when they need them, and for the best value.
If you want assistance in planning your discharge, ask your nurse to call a case manager. These professionals coordinate services you may need with your insurance provider, if necessary. Your case manager is also your source for information about community resources available to you.
Case Management offers patients a variety of services including care coordination, financial management and discharge planning.
Some examples may be:
- Short-term counseling to help you and your family with healthcare concerns.
- Arrangements for medical equipment.
- Education for Living Wills for healthcare decision-making.
- Discussions with insurance companies to obtain authorization for care.
- Information regarding services and assistance available in the community.
- Referrals to rehabilitation hospital and Home Health agencies.
- Information on transportation options.
- Referrals to community agencies such as Area Agency on Aging and Meals-on-Wheels.
- Referrals for financial concerns.
- Information and assistance on skilled nursing facilities and nursing home placement.
- Referral for spiritual counseling.
- Assistance in becoming aware of your health insurance benefits.
- Patient advocacy.
400 Highland Avenue, Second Floor
Lewistown, PA 17044
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
For after hours, please call (717) 248-5411 and ask to page the case manager on call.