At Geisinger–Lewistown Hospital, under the direction of a board certified pulmonologist, highly trained, licensed respiratory care practitioners provide:
- Aerosol Therapy - high flow nebulizer delivery and metered dose inhaler instruction for pulmonary illnesses such as emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis, and lung cancer.
- Asthma Education for all ages, based on National Institute of Health guidelines.
- Bronchial hygiene treatment and education using incentive spirometry, chest physiotherapy, and positive expitory pressure therapy to clear secretions and ventilate lungs.
- Arterial Blood Gases to determine the level of blood oxygen and lung ventilation.
- Oxygen Therapy titration (adjustment) and education to maximum benefit levels.
- Pulse Oximetry to measure blood oxygen level.
- Bipap and CPAP instruction for the treatment of chronic respiratory failure and sleep disorders.
- Insurance determination for oxygen therapy.
- Respiratory Therapy Services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.