At the Lewistown Hospital Pulmonary Function Lab, licensed respiratory care practitioners administer tests utilizing American Thoracic Society standards. All studies are interpreted by a board certified pulmonologist. Available testing includes:
- Complete PFT (pulmonary function tests) - multiple breathing tests performed during a single appointment to help diagnose pulmonary disorders.
- Aterial blood gas analysis - blood test to determine oxygen level and lung ventilation.
- Spirometry - simple breathing test to help diagnose breathing disorders.
- Bronchial Challenge - breathing test to diagnose asthma.
- Cardiopulmonary Stress Test - while riding a bicycle, determines metabolic, oxygen and energy needs.
- Bronchoscopy - procedure where a flexible scope is inserted through the nose to help diagnose lung disorders.
- Indirect Calorimetry - assesses metabolic requirements and nutritional status.