Geisinger–Lewistown Hospital MRI Imaging Services offers the GE Healthcare's Signa HDxt 1.5 MR system - one of the world's first high-definition magnetic resonance systems. It provides physicians with improved image clarity and patients with improved comfort.
Our MRI system provides optimal diagnostic capabilities for the assessment of anatomy, morphology and physiology.
Typical MRI procedures:
- Neurological/Brain Imaging
- Spine Studies
- Orthopedic - including elbow, wrist, hip, knee, foot and ankle
- Pelvis - male and female
- Advanced vascular applications
- Breast Imaging
- Patient comfort and easier exam positions - features generous 60-cm patient opening and full 48-cm field of view
- Reduced rescanning/redundant exams due to patient or organ motion
- Docking table and dual-sided controls for efficiency and patient safety
All testing is done by appointment only Monday through Friday, 7am to 5pm, and Saturdays, 7am -5pm. Evening hours are offered until 8pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.There are some limitations for Pediatric MRI. Please call the number below for further information.
For more information regarding MRI, call (717) 242-7535. Or to schedule an appointment, call Central Scheduling at (717) 242-7688.