Rape is a serious crime and must be reported to the appropriate police department. The decision to prosecute is entirely the decision of the survivor. If you or someone you know has been a victim of a sexual assault, seek help. There are people who understand. The SAFE nurses at Geisinger–Lewistown Hospital care and are ready to help, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Remember, it was not your fault.
The SAFE program at Geisinger–Lewistown Hospital is a multidisciplinary team working collaboratively to provide services for the community by offering specialized services for survivors of sexual assault.The team includes:
- Medical director
- A sexual assault forensic examiner
- A sexual assault counselor/advocate
- A law enforcement representative
- A district attorney from the appropriate county
- Physical assessment
- Collection of forensic evidence
- Court testimony
- Patient advocacy
- Photographs of injuries